Managing Challenging Interactions is aimed at people whose roles require customer or staff contact including but not limited to:
- call centres,
- customer services,
- complaints handling and escalations staff,
- case managers,
- or anyone exposed to challenging interactions in the workplace.
Also relevant for Team Leaders managing these teams.
Working with Others
Dealing with people who are distressed, angry or otherwise challenging to manage can be one of the most difficult part of someone’s role. This can equally apply to external customers and clients, or colleagues and employees. Providing training to people likely to be exposed to challenging behaviours, to enable them to better understand what is behind the behaviour and how to safely intervene or de-escalate the situation is important for the wellbeing of those on both sides of the interaction.
This workshop is designed for frontline workers including but not limited to retail, call centre, collections, customer services, complaints handling and escalations staff, case managers or anyone exposed to challenging interactions in the workplace.
This workshop aims to provide participants with practical skills and knowledge to deal with people who may present with challenging, abusive or
Managing Challenging Interactions is a 4-hour, interactive, facilitator-led session face-to-face OR 2 x 2 hour sessions delivered via Zoom.
Using the Lifeline ‘Recognise, Respond and Refer’ framework, participants will learn:
- Contextualise what may be going on with a distressed person
- How the brain reacts to stress
- Communication skills to assist difficult or emotional conversation
- What to do if callers/colleagues are at risk of suicide
- Self-care strategies you can use during and after difficult calls
Download the Managing Challenging Interactions brochure (coming soon).