What kind of events can you run?
Every year, individuals, schools, workplaces, clubs and community groups raise funds by organising all kinds of unique events. Here are some ideas to get your brain ticking…
- Undertake a personal challenge and be sponsored: weight loss, hair dye/shave, give up chocolate or learn a new skill.
- Trivia night: hold a trivia night and charge an entry fee, or if you hold it in a pub, restaurant, club or café, persuade the owner to donate some takings from the trivia night.
- Dress up day: or even better, dress the principal or the boss up! Get together with your school mates or colleagues and sponsor the principal or boss to dress up for the day… persuade them to match the funds raised and donate themselves!
- Dinner and auction: organise a dinner with friends, family and colleagues and include an auction to raise more funds, seek out local businesses who may be interested in donating goods to auction.
- Donations in lieu of gifts: instead of Christmas, wedding or birthday gifts, why not consider asking for donations instead.
- Wash cars, mow lawns or other odd jobs: offer your services to friends, family and neighbours and get them to make a donation in lieu of what they would normally be charged.
- Movie marathon: get together with friends, share your favourite movies, grab some ice cream and popcorn and donate what it would usually cost to go to the cinema.
- Seasonal or themed fair: hold a Valentines, Easter or Christmas fair selling crafts, cakes, cards and home-made gifts.
- Lunch for Lifeline
- Mufti for your Mates
- Support a TCS Chair
- Mobile Clothing Drive
To support your event, the Lifeline Northern Beaches team can:
- Answer any queries you have about your event, and offer advice and encouragement
- Lend you a Lifeline banner to use at your event (subject to availability)
- Provide a letter of support to validate the authenticity of your event, and useful documents and templated to help make your event a success
When you are ready to move forward with your event, send an email to email@example.com and someone from our events team will get in touch.
We are hugely grateful for the support of our local community and look forward to working with you to make your fundraising event a success!