What we accept
- Paperback Books
- Hardback Books
- Vinyl LP records, (for shops only – not for book fairs)
- Comics, graphic novels & Manga
- ‘Talking book’ audio on CD
- Text books – late editions only, not defaced
- National Geographic
Sorry, no thanks!
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Law Books, older than 3 Years
- Encyclopedias, no matter how new
- Atlases older than 3 years
- Magazines including Australian Geographic (but excluding National Geographic)
- Text books, unless recent & mint condition
- Any item not meeting our quality standards
Because the books we sell will be purchased by our customers to read in their homes, or to be given as gifts, we can only accept good-condition items.
Excepting rare or antiquarian books, if the books you would like to give us are very obviously pre-loved – in other words, if they are yellowed, mouldy, torn, dirty, written in, defaced or in any other way less than excellent in condition, we regret that unfortunately we cannot accept them.
Small donations of good condition books can be dropped off at any of our shops during business hours, (click here for opening times)
If you have a larger donation – more than two boxes of books – please take your donation to our distribution centre in Harbord Road.
Lifeline Distribution Centre
267 Harbord Rd, Brookvale 2100
5th driveway past Officeworks – look for the big Lifeline sign at the front
Open weekdays, 8.30am - 3pm