Who we are
- Part of the national Lifeline network - the leading provider of suicide prevention services in Australia.
- An organisation that has been serving the Northern Beaches area for over 40 years.
- An independent organisation with a local Board, serving the needs of our local community.
- An organisation run by a small number of salaried staff supported by around 600 volunteers.
- A Public Benevolent Institution registered with the Australian Charities and not-for-profits Commission.
What we do
- We provide quality telephone and in-person support services to relieve distress and suffering caused by crisis situations.
- Lifeline’s nationwide 13 11 14 service provides 24 hour a day, 7 day per week assistance to those in need.
- We connect people-at-risk, or their families, with care that helps them through their crisis, no matter what it might be.
How we help
We provide crisis support, personal counselling, support group or other services to those experiencing issues such as:
- Family and relationship problems
- Financial problems
- Life decisions
- Suicidal thoughts
and many other things.
What drives us
- Our vision - an Australia free of suicide
- Our purpose - to support those who may be at risk in times of crisis. And to equip individuals, families and the community at large to be resilient and suicide-safe
- Our goal - to be the first organisation people turn to when they seek support
- Our mission - to provide quality 24 hour telephone crisis support and associated services to help the community. Lifeline’s programs are based on a Christian vision of caring for people of all backgrounds and circumstances.